In this blog I collect all knitting-related information.
I publish my ideas and patterns, report progress
and link things I find.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Frog Prince

Lately I made The Frog Prince. Then I made the pattern and that is why I want to share it here. It also is available through my raverly page.

The pattern link you find here:

English: The Frogprince

German / Deutsch: Der Froschprinz
It can be worked from almost any yarn. It just will need to make a relatively tight fabric with the needles you use. This is the perfect stash user project and quick gift.

I got the idea when working this pattern by Susan B. Anderson, published on Ravelry under the name of the  mini-reversible duck-to-bunny

my sample, just from cheap stash yarn looked like this:


I then wanted to make sure I made a bigger size toy that fitted the hands of kids nicely but also serves a purpose of decoration for me in my home. The quest for a good motive brought me to The Frog Prince.

I hope there will be many frogs and princes popping up everywhere. Let me know if you make one. If I get to see a picture I would love it, of course.

I want to develope a few more charakters and figures but since the request for frog princes is big right now I just do not get to it next to all my other knitting projects and the rest of life.

Have fun with the little guy!

No comments: